It’s no secret I’m a fan girl of Gary Thomas. His books on dating and marriage have been instrumental in my life. So, when I heard him talk about how to be the person God created you to be in the face of toxic relationships, I knew we had to have him on the show! In our conversation, Gary talks about how to identify and side-step toxic people, but perhaps most importantly, how to identify your mission and stay focused on what God has called you to do.
In this episode, we discuss:
- When to shift gears from playing spiritual offense to spiritual defense
- What is the difference between a difficult person and a toxic person?
- This person may be draining me of all my peace, joy, strength, and hope, but isn’t that my problem or my sin?
- What if the toxic person in my life is someone I can’t literally walk away from?
- How does the Apostle Paul’s call to “be at peace with everyone” play into this? (Romans 12:18)
- As believers, what exactly is our mission? And how do we stay on mission?
- Why are fantasy arguments or facebook fights hurting our mission?
- Where does one start? How do I identify my mission and protect it?
- Matt 6:33
- Matt 7:6
- Joshua 24:14-15
- Nehemiah 8:10
- Col 3:12
- Romans 12:2
- 2 Cor 5:10
Learn more about Gary and his books here. (You need them in your life!)
You can also subscribe and listen here:
My theme song and ad music is by my amazing friend, Shaylee Simeone. Check her out.