My friend, Lauren Lianne and I have a very raw conversation about the hardship of singleness, how to trust God with something you so desperately want, and what to do when the doubts creep in that maybe God isn’t good or doesn’t have your best in mind.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How do we navigate the gap between our hopes and reality? How do we be honest about our feelings but also trust God when we’re disappointed?
- When the gap gets too big between you and God, where do you go from there?
- How vital it is to invite other people into your loneliness, hurt, and most importantly the need to confess your secret sin to another person.
- How is the wait in our favor?
- How does pain serve a purpose?
- What does it look like to have faith in singleness or in any season of waiting?
- Rom 8:22-25
- Psalm 34:18
- Hebrews 6:19
- Hebrews 12:2
- Jeremiah 29:11
- Lauren’s book: The Wait Will Not Be Wasted
- More about Lauren
- Follow Lauren on instagram
- Lysa TerKeurst: It’s Not Supposed To Be This Way
- Hanna’s Insta Highlight about The Message Translation (you have to click through maybe 18 stories to get to the part about The Message. 😉
You can also subscribe and listen here:
My theme song and ad music is by my amazing friend, Shaylee Simeone. Check her out.